Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brayden's last days of kindergarten...

Denver Zoo

So, since I've been such a slacker I will post these all under one large post.  Starting with Brayden's class field trip to the zoo.  We went on a Friday a couple weeks before school got out.  I went as a chaperone and boy was it a treat!:)  We weren't even sure that morning if we were going to be able to go because it was soooo windy. The kids were literally being blown over as they tried to walk to the bus.  We heard that Denver (where the zoo is) wasn't as bad so they decided to go anyway.  It really wasn't bad down there but it was fairly chilly.  Maybe in the 40's.  The kids had a blast though and it was a lot of fun to be able to spend the day with Brayden and his class.

               2008 05 02_0814

           Brayden with his best friend Riley on the bus.

2008 05 02_0815 2008 05 02_0820 2008 05 02_0835

                2008 05 02_0848

                 Here is an elephant getting a manicure.

                2008 05 02_0871

                 2008 05 02_0874

Brayden's favorites were feeding the lorikeets and seeing the Kimodo (sp?) dragon.  Fun times and great memories for all!!!!

Field Day

I don't know if any of you grew up having "field day" at school, Matt said he didn't have them, but they are kind of a tradition out here in Colorado.  It's basically a track meet for the entire school.  They do long jump, triple jump, hurdles, relays, high jump, etc.  Some schools give out ribbons/awards, others t-shirts, it just depends.  It's just a fun end of the school year activity where kids get to basically have P.E. all day long.  I remember looking forward to the day.  Anyway here are some pics of Brayden's field day.  He did the 50 yard/meter? dash, hurdles, long jump, and 1/2 mile.  He didn't necessarily care if he won, he just didn't want to lose which he never did.

2008 05 19_0975    2008 05 19_0978

2008 05 19_0979  2008 05 19_0981

Brayden doing the 5o meter/yard dash.

2008 05 20_0963 2008 05 20_0967

            2008 05 20_0968

The hurdles were sooo cute and tiny!  I didn't get any really good shots of him jumping over them, but he didn't knock any over.:)

2008 05 19_0972 2008 05 20_0959

Just Brayden goofing around with his friends!

Kindergarten Graduation

This was so cute and they really went all out.  They wore the hats, marched in, got diplomas, etc.  They were so incredibly cute and Brayden feels so grown-up now.  He tells everyone that he has graduated from kindergarten and that he's almost a first grader.  Don't you remember those days of wanting to grow up so fast.  Now I just want to freeze time.  I'm sick of getting older!!!!!

2008 05 16_0986 2008 05 16_0991

2008 05 16_1003 2008 05 16_1004

2008 05 16_1008 2008 05 16_1013

One proud momma!            Brayden, Mrs. Shepherd, & Riley

All in all it was a GREAT year!  Brayden did awesome and his teacher made it so much fun for them.  Hope it's just as good next year!

5 comments:

Janna said...

How cute are those! We have field days here too! YAY! Aleah's is next week along with her graduation. And your field trip was cooler than ours. Today we went to the Bug and Snake Exhibit. Yes, we held snakes! AH! I love you and can't wait to see you!!! I am going CRAZY counting down the days! LOVE YOU

Linda Kelly said...

Congrats to Brayden!! Lots of fun activities at the end of the school year. He is SO ready for first grade. Don't worry Stacie you still have Andrew to watch grow up too!!

Steph said...

I grew up with field days too-how fun! I love to see pictures of your cute little boys!

Alexis said...

Way to go Brayden on graduating Kindergarten. That field day looked like a lot of fun, and so did the zoo. I personally can't wait till Megan starts Kindergarten, maybe I will get the blues once my last one goes.

Nic & Kandis said...

Way to go Brayden! Off to first gade you go! Enjoy it all while it lasts because it sure does fly by :) Love you!