Yes, I know you are all probably shocked to see that I have posted something new!! I know it's been awhile but to be quite honest I've lost the blog bug. Hopefully I'll get it back again some day, but for now I'll try to keep up with the main events. So here are some of our latest happenings...
Brayden had a birthday shout hooray (la la la)!!! He turned 8 years old and had a killer party at Chuck E. Cheese with all of his friends, or at least those that could make it:) We've never done the "pay somebody else to do it for you" kind of party, but this year we did, just because I was stressed about having to throw a kid party and then throwing a baptism party. That's way too much cleaning and prep work for me:) Anyway, I must say that it's going to be hard to go back to doing the party myself.:(
Here are some pics from the event...
For his baptism both sets of grandparents were able to make it from California and Arizona, but the blizzard we had the night before kept family from driving in from Wyoming. We had lots of friends that were able to make it though. It was a really special day for Brayden being that he was baptized on his actual birthday.
We have stake baptisms here so everyone that turns 8 that month (before the day) gets baptized at the same time. There were a ton of kids! They do break us up by wards though. Anyway, a funny story...So Brayden was the last one to get baptized in his group. There were 3 boys before him. No one had mentioned anything about the water temp before Brayden and Matt got in, in fact nobody even flinched, but as soon as Brayden set one foot in the water, he announced to the entire room, "OOh, it's HOT!' It was really cute and Matt confirmed afterward that indeed it was hot. Hot enough to give a little sting when you got in.
Here are some pics of who was there...
Way to go Brayden, we are SOOO proud of you!!!:)





2 comments:
Great to see your pictures of the day!! It was great to be in Colorado and celebrate this special day. We love you all and miss you all!
Congratulations Brayden. We wish we could have been there for this big day. Looks like you had a lot of people there that loves you. And you can blame Mom for the blizzard, that type of stuff seems to happen whenever she comes into town. :-)
Post a Comment