Now, I must give credit where credit is due! The sickies have hit my house again! It all started with me and a sore throat on Wednesday night. It is Brayden's Spring Break this week and so I had promised him a sleep over with his friend Riley on Wednesday night at our house, eventhough I wasn't feeling up to par. Well by Thursday morning I was feeling much worse, so I called Riley's mom around 10 am and she came by at 11 am to pick him up. Well the boys still wanted to play and so she said she'd take Brayden to their house until 3:30, which left just me and Andrew for the afternoon. So after I got Andrew down for a nap I laid down until Brayden got home. Well when Brayden walked in the door he looked terrible. He had droopy eyes and I could tell that something wasn't quite right with him. He started coughing terribly and had no energy. Then Matt got home at 4:30 and I decided I was going to try to take a nap. Well my nap turned into 14 hours of sleep. I didn't get up until 6:30 the next morning (Friday), and the only reason I woke up then was because Brayden was hollering out my name. Matt went running in there and found that Brayden had barfed all over his bed. At first we thought it was just because he had been coughing really hard, but noooo...about 20 minutes later, after crawling in bed with me, he started barfing again. Luckily we had THE BOWL (you know the one) close by. At this point Matt had decided he would stay home from work for the morning so that we could keep the kids apart. No sense having Andrew exposed. So there we were, Brayden and I (catching the barf), in my bed . Matt and Andrew out in the living room. Well Brayden continued throwing up for a couple hours and then took a little nap and when he woke up he was a new man. He wanted anything and everything to eat and there were no more barfs the rest of the day. However, he did have a cold on top of it that was getting much worse. His nose is a non-stop faucet and he's been coughing so hard I thought he might lose a lung, plus he's had a fever on top of it all. Meanwhile, I was still feeling like crap and in bed most of the day.
Now on to Saturday...Pretty much the same as for Brayden and I. Actually I felt like I was still getting worse and not better, and Brayden definitely still wasn't looking good. He was feverish most of the day. Andrew and Matt still seemed unharmed, until Saturday night when Matt decided he would make a run to the grocery store with Andrew. So he loaded him up in the car and just as they were getting to Wal Mart, Andrew barfed all over himself in his car seat. So much for keeping the boys apart. So Matt hurries home to get Andrew in the bath and the car all cleaned up. Oh great! Now we're going to be up all night with Andrew, but much to our surprise he only threw up the one time, and has seemed fine ever since.
Now today...I'm feeling much better, Brayden is still feverish, Andrew has not barfed since, and Matt still remains healthy. So the reason I am giving him the husband of the year award is because he has taken care of the 3 of us like a true champ. He's prepared meals for us, been at everyone's beckon call, and best of all has kept my house so clean. The dishes are done, the dishwasher unloaded, counters wiped down, toys put away, you name it!!! It sure helps me to know that when I do get back on my feet 100% that I'm not going to have a humongous mess to clean up after being knocked down for so long. Way to go hubbie !!!! I love you and appreciate all that you do for us!!!!!!!





4 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! Sounds like my house. Well, except it was just me yesterday. I had to get up to go to class (dance) only to sit on the floor the whole time so that I didn't lose it everywhere. To come home and spend the rest of my day AND night running from my bed to the toilet. I even had to miss out on the circus with my family cause I was sick in bed. Wish I could give Don this same award-- but he was... well, Don. Need I say more Stac! Man, hope you guys all feel better soon! I'm just waiting for my girls to start puking now. WISH ME LUCK!!! LOVE YA!
OK is everyone sick?? Isaac and I have been sick this weekend too. I never get sick, so I'm always a bit of a baby about it. Jacob and Loraya appear to be ok so far, but we'll see. At least there is no barf...just booger eyes, booger noses, coughs, sore throat, etc... So fun! But, my house looks like a BOMB went off...lucky to to have a clean house! :)
I think our husbands have a wonderful mother that taught them to be wonderful men. I HATE cleaning up barf. Megan threw up on the way to the doctors office, she was suppose to be getting shots, lucky for her she got out of that one, but cleaning out the car was the worst. I really hope that you guys start to feel better. Lucky for us, no sick bugs here.
Sid always had to clean the barf because I had such a weak stomache! I am dry heaving just typing this!! Sid was a good example for the boys and I am so lucky to have had a husband who could do that. I can so relate to the barf bowl. We all had them growing up. Even with the bowl the little ones don't quite know it is coming up. I hope the sicky stuff leaves your home soon so you can get back to normal.
Post a Comment