Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Nightmares!





So I imagine Andrew was running scared from something like this all night long. My poor baby! He woke up sometime around the "butt-crack" of dawn this morning and climbed into bed with me saying, "Mommy, I scared ... dinosaurs "klja;sdfufis" (we'll call this Drew-lish) and dark." Does this bring a tear to anyone else's eye like it does mine? I never had to deal with nightmares with Brayden. He's never complained of them or woken me up in the middle of the night because of them. I hope this is not something Andrew's going to have to deal with on a continuous basis like I did when I was little. I spent many nights in my parents room after having nightmares as a child. It's not fun and I still have them as an adult. Of course, Matt never had any nightmares (or claims he didn't, Mom?), so the kids aren't going to get any sympathy from him there. Anyone have any remedies for nightmares or how to deal with them when your children wake up in the middle of the night, let me know!

2 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

I don't think my kids had nightmares that woke them up enough to come into our room. They may have had bad dreams and since they all shared a room together just stayed in their room and dealt with it themselves. Most of them slept very soundly once they got to sleep. You could hardly wake them up!!! I know those kind of dreams really seem real to them and so they need to be comforted. I hope Andrew doesn't get them to often!

Alexis said...

yeah, I don't think Josh even dreams, so no nightmares for him. I remember my mom spraying perfume in my brother's room to scare the monsters away to help him sleep. i was too young to remember if he was just having troubles sleeping or if he was having nightmares. I would just suggest no scary shows or movies after dinner. And when Megan would have a hard time sleeping I would put a picture of Jesus in her room and tell her that he is there watching over her, it seemed to help. Good luck though, i hope that it is only this once.