So this past weekend Matt and I took a well needed, and might I add deserved break, and headed up the mountain to Winter Park with some friends. Our friends, Deb and Jason, invited us up to Deb's brother's brand new kick butt condo in Granby, CO, which is about 15 minutes from Winter Park. We were there with our other friends Bill and Cee Cee as well as Deb's brother, Matt, and his wife, Krista. We had soooo much fun acting like kids, since ours weren't with us. We stayed up until 3 am the first night chatting and playing our beloved favorite Rock Band.
The next day we decided to hit the slopes...
with our tubes. We went sledding and it was so much fun! There was this place that charged $17/hr to tube, yeah pretty much highway robbery, but they had tow ropes to pull you back up the hill when you were done. Now that's my kind of sledding.
Oh, but I also forgot to mention we had to wait 2 hours just to get our tubes, because it was so crowded that day and warm. We all started bundled up with about 14 layers of clothing and by the end we wished we had our swimsuits to do some bikini sledding (okay not really), but it was warm.
Here we are waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
Then finally our number was called and it was time for some fun!
This is how they would tow us up the hill.
The rest of our trip was spent hanging out, watching movies/sleeping through movies, and eating at over-priced restaurants with really bad service.
Us! Bill and Cee Cee
Deb and Jay Matt and Krista
Thanks guys for the great weekend!!! Hope we can do it again soon!





4 comments:
That sounds like a fun date! And it is always funner to do it with friends! I'm glad you guys got a well deserved time away from the kids!
Hey girl! Great documentation of our weekend! It makes me wanna rush back up there for some more kid-free fun. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!
So fun! I think Jacob and I need a break like that soon. The tubing looks like a blast, last time i went tubing i broke my wrist (in college). miss you guys!
What a fun time!! Sid and I did some of those in Tahoe when the kids were young with other couples. It was always fun to just hang out with friends. Hope you are all back to feeling better and enjoying life!!
Post a Comment