Thursday, October 9, 2008

He's getting older...which means so am I!

  Happy 7th Birthday Brayden!!!

2008 07 23_1422

I cannot believe how quickly they grow, and how fast time flies.  It seems like yesterday that I was bringing him home from the hospital with his dark curly hair and his yellow jaundice skin.  No more curls and only pink skin left.  He's growing into an amazing person.

Here are 7 of my fondest memories...so far:

1.  Of course, the day you were born, and the first time I was able to finally hold you in my arms.

2.  The day we were driving in the car, when you were 3 years old, and you looked out the window at a man walking in an empty field wearing overalls and said, "Hey look mom, there's old McDonald!"  You've always said some of the funniest things.

3.  I love how you used to suck your thumb.  You always looked so cute doing it.  But I loved even more when we took you to the dentist for the first time, and he told you that you couldn't suck your thumb anymore because it was ruining your teeth, and all the other bad things it was causing, and you stopped just like that.

4.  I love how cuddly you were when you were little and you still are.  I love our Brayden and mommy times together, and when daddy is out of town how you still like sleeping in bed with me.

5.  I love how you sing songs with me in the car.  You have always learned the lyrics so easily, starting from the moment you learned to talk.

6.  I've loved all our intellectual talks while driving in the car about continents, cities, states, Greeley, clouds, tornadoes, rain, water, calories, just to name a few.  Believe me the list goes on and on and on.  Sometimes I find that you are just too smart for your own good.

7.  I love how much you love me and want to take care of me.  The day of the tornado when I finally got to pick you up from school and your teacher told me how worried you were about me, and how you had said, "I really hope my mom is okay.  I just love her sooo much and I don't want anything bad to happen to her."

 

You are the BEST, kiddo and I wish you a Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Nic & Kandis said...

Brayden,

Happy birthday! I hope you had a super fun day! One more year to go and you will get to be baptized...that is so neat! Love you and miss you...muah!

Aislinn said...

Dang woooman! What a tear jerker!b Tell Brayden Happy Birthday from the Valdez family especially Bella! Time does Fly! I have fond memeories of our little ones and our trips t Denver!
Love you!
Ais

Alexis said...

Time sure does fly. i remember rocking Brayden when he was fussy when Josh & I were dating. Brayden's blessing was the first time I met the extended family. He really was a cute baby, but has grown into a handsome young boy. Happy Birthday Brayden!

Linda Kelly said...

Happy birthday big guy!! I hope you have fun spending your birthday money on something you want. We love you and can't wait until next year when you get baptized!! Lots of luvs

Janna said...

I still am in shock that he is now SEVEN! I told him to stop growing and getting so big. And he said to me, "I can't. That's just not how things work Janna!" :) He makes me smile and I miss him SO much! I love you guys!