Okay, maybe not...but Brayden's been in gymnastics (a.k.a. Super Heroes class) for about 6 months now, and I just signed Andrew up a couple weeks ago for his Mighty Mites class.
Brayden has always been the ultra, super duperly cautious child, in fact words can't even describe how cautious he really is. We tried signing him up for gymnastics one summer when he was 3 years old and he wouldn't do anything, including jump on the trampoline or hang from a bar 2 feet off the ground. The teachers didn't really push him, so we gave up and pulled him. Well now he seems to be a different child. I would say he is still super duperly cautious, but now he's at least willing to try things with some assistance, which is a huge step for him. He had an awesome coach that wouldn't let him say he couldn't do things, which helped a lot. So now he's taking more risks by hanging off bars more than 8 feet off the ground, jumping off tall mats, doing tricks on the trampoline, etc.
Andrew on the other hand is a little more fearless. He jumped right in and is doing awesome. He's the type that if he sees other kids doing it, no matter how scared he is, he will do it too! I can't believe how well he follows directions and listens to his coaches/teachers either. It's so fun to watch!
Andrew doing a backward roll down the cheese mat.
Brayden working on his cartwheels. They're getting much better.





3 comments:
I love how in the background there are all these big kids lined up to do the stuff...and then Andrew. What handsome little men you have!
I love that place. Reid was in that class this past spring. I need to sign him up again. Isn't Michael such a good teacher??
He goes to Wee love. I think it is good and Reid does love it. Oh potty training. It actually wasn't that bad, but the constant accidents are what drive me crazy!!!
Post a Comment