Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tag...you're it!

Okay, so I guess I've been tagged. I'm not quite sure what this means other than I'm supposed to list 6 random facts about myself. So, here it goes and I will try not to bore you all to death.


1. If I could do college all over again, I would probably get my degree in either Interior Design or photography. I love to play "decorator" with my own house, as well as friends houses and any one else who will let me. I also love photography and get so excited when I take a good picture of my kids or of anything for that matter. If nothing else, at some point, I plan on taking some classes at the Rec Center or a community college just to learn more about these things.


2. I would secretly love to be on a reality TV show. I'm a reality show junkie and just think it would be such blast to be on one. There are a few obvious ones that would be out of the question for me like; American Idol (can't sing, unless I wanted to be one of those people we all make fun of), So You Think You Can Dance (not that talented), The Bachelor (married), and Survivor (if you know me at all you know why this wouldn't work). But the ones that I think would be fun are The Amazing Race, Big Brother or any home decorating show on HGTV. I could NOT do The Amazing Race with my husband (so I'm looking for another partner), because by the end I WOULD probably be eligible for The Bachelor, but I think it would be so much fun to be in a race around the world and all the amazing things you would see. Big Brother just looks like fun and the home decorating shows would probably teach me some stuff as well as having a kick butt room at the end.


3. I'm a recovering insomniac. Well sort of recovering. I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep at night. So sleep is something VERY important to me. I went through a stint for about 8 years where it was REALLY bad. I would go for nights at a time with little to no sleep at all. I was on sleep medications that would work only some of the time, and ever since then, the fear of going back to being a raging insomniac ironically keeps me awake some nights.


4. I love to dance. I did gymnastics and stuff when I was younger but I would say my passion for dancing didn't start until college. We would always go country dancing(don't forget I went to college at the University of Wyoming) and I loved it. I've taken a few classes since then like hip hop and tap and I've learned a little ballroom here and there, but I dance all the time around my house. I just wish I had more opportunities to dance and learn.


5. I love to shop and I love to find good bargains. I would shop ALL DAY everyday if I had the money to support my habit. I love to shop for anything from clothes to home decor. The only shopping I hate is grocery shopping and then any shopping where I have to take my children.


6. I am a NEAT FREAK!!! I hate messes and clutter, at least in my own house (Matt...my car doesn't count). I am constantly cleaning and cannot go to bed with a messy house. I think I get this trait/curse from my mother. I grew up in a spotless house, I hope I'm not ruining my children. But, heck who wouldn't want a clean husband?

5 comments:

Janna said...

I think that you've cursed ME.... I'm now obsessed with a clean house, shopping, dancing, reality tv. Wait... are we talking about me or you here? Can't ever keep it straight anymore! Ha ha! Love it! Love it! Love it!!! (oh and guess what-- Don is even getting kinda obsessive about a clean house. Can you believe THAT one?)
Guess what... Don says that it's time to fly you out here again for me. YEAH!!! Wouldn't THAT be fun! Miss ya and love ya!

Julia Kelly said...

wish we were closer so we could take a photo class together! I'm dying to get a nice camera....but we are kinda running low on money with the whole new townhouse thing. are you guys going to cali at all this summer?

Stacie said...

julia-
I would love to head to cali this summer. Do you guys have plans? If so let us know and maybe we could plan something.

Anonymous said...

Stacie,
The exact reason you say you could not do Amazing Race with Matt is the exact reason why producers would pick you to be contestants. That would be great television!!

Jacob

Alexis said...

i love it! I also LOVE reality shows. And Josh & I would like to do the Amazing Race. Maybe we could do a 4 sum, they did that once. But I think that Josh & I would also yell a lot, cuz we are both pretty stuborn, and directions... horrible. But I loved your 6 things. I would love to take photo classes too. Hey, and get us in on your Cali plans, if you are all going to head out there then we might just have to go too, we've been wanting to head out there.